Romania - facts
Here are some interesting general facts about Romania
that you should know:
- 1. Romania is located in Southeastern Europe and borders Bulgaria, Ukraine, Hungary, Moldova and Serbia.
- 2. An interesting fact about Romania is that it is one of the largest countries in Europe with a population of over 20 million people.
- 3. The biggest cities in Romania are it's capital - Bucharest and some others - Iași, Constanța, Timișoara, Brașov and Craiova.
- 4. Another fact about Romania is that the River Danube, the second longest in Europe, crosses entire Romania.
- 5. The main religion in Romania is Orthodoxy.
- 6. Among the interesting facts about Romania is that it's one of the largest wine producers in the entire world.
- 7. The Carpathian Mountains are a touristic pearl of Romania, with hundreds of unique animal and birds species and virgin forests.
Facts about Romania
Want to discover more Romania facts
? Curious to know what is Romania known for
? We dedicated an entire lesson to that! Our flashcards will introduce you to some of the most interesting facts about Romania
. If you were wondering: "What is the world's heaviest building?
", you will learn it with this lesson! Did you know that Romania is in the top of the countries by alcohol consumption
? Or that the Romanian Henri Coanda
was the one who invented the modern jet? Another interesting fact about Romania
is that the Merry Cemetery
is one of the most popular touristic attractions in Romania. Learn why with our lesson! Mihai Eminescu
, one of the main figures in Romanian literature, wrote the longest love poem. Our flashcard will teach you how it is called. Visit Peles Castle
next time you travel to Romania
! Discover why should you do it in one of our flashcards.Learn more about Romania
with our resources!
More lessons on Romania
Learn the fun facts about Romania
and proceed to other interesting cultural lessons: the Romanian food you need to try
lesson will introduce you to some of the tastiest dishes of the Romanian cuisine, while the Funny Romanian words and expressions
lesson will teach you some funny sayings that are often used by Romanians. If you want to learn more Romanian, take a look at our professional Romanian courses. The Romanian for travelling
course will teach you the most important words and expressions you need to know if you want to speak to the locals in their language when you visit Romania
. Start your Romanian journey with VocApp and learn many interesting things about Romania